Outdoor Activities-pick one or more and have fun!
- Build a snow fort
- Go sledding and pull your sled back up the hill
- Build a snowman; make snowballs and throw at a tree
- Help your parents shovel snow
Start with these hand and body warm-ups: gross motor
Then pick 2 of the following:
- Write a short story about how you spent your snow day--4 sentences for a fourth grader. Be sure to hold your pencil using the tripod pencil grasp. Edit your story using the handwriting checklist. Use the letter page for help with upper and lower case formation if necessary. Feel free to draw and color a picture too!
- Play a card game or a board game with a parent, friend or babysitter. Ideas include: Go Fish, Connect Four, Checkers, Mancala, Boggle, Scrabble Junior, Jenga, Topple. Write down the name of the game, names of the players, and the score. Use your very best handwriting. Hold your pencil correctly, form your letters neatly, use big spaces between your words and make sure that your letters sit on the lines correctly.
- Complete any written portions of your classroom Blizzard Bag assignment using your best handwriting and tripod pencil grasp.
- Look at a picture in a magazine, book or coloring page for 10 seconds, then cover the picture and tell a family member what objects or people you saw in the picture. Try to remember 7-8 things you saw.
- Complete the 8-word winter word search (medium level) and winter dot-dot. Write 4 sentences using the winter words.
- Practice keyboarding skills and check out the keyboarding website. Try to sit up tall, relax your shoulders, use the "home row", and use the correct fingers as you type. Try to complete one lesson, or play a typing game for 15 minutes: TypingClub......www.typingclub.com
DAY 2: Pick 2 activities from each list that you did not do on day 1.